Drawing to an end

We're here in the mountains on vacation and today's our last day. Tomorrow we pack it up and head on home...actually tonight we pack up, tomorrow we head to GA to spend the night and then go home Sunday. Tomorrow we'll hit Newnan, GA for a wonderful stop at the Goodwill Emporium. Woo hoo!!!! My favorite shopping.
Here's a brief recap of our trip:
Sunday: Walked the touristy shops on Main Street. Definitely fun, but I learned a valuable lesson. I went in a jewelry store and found the most beautiful necklace with matching earrings...on clearance...but couldn't make up my mind. When we went back, it was gone. Lesson learned. Later on we drove into Boone and just looked around...nothing major.

Monday: We drove around and hit "junk stores." I now know how much Ryan really loves me. We spent most of the day tracking down thrift stores for my mom to go to. Don't know why, but it's a hobby of hers. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed most of it. But Ryan...he's wonderful.

Tuesday: Ryan and I got up a little early and hit some walking trails....got a little misplaced ....about five miles later we had to find a road to find out where the heck we were. Needless to say, we were tired when we got back to the condo. That afternoon we went to downtown Boone. Sing with me, "You can always go....Downtown!" Mom and I found a store called "The Bead Box". Yikes. Ryan quickly discovered bongs for sale and then we started looking around. We soon realized that it wasn't exactly the bead type store we were looking for. YIKES.

Wednesday: We ALL got up early and walked/hiked up hill to the Moses H. Cone Manor. Pretty cool but kinda sad 'cause they turned this awesome house into basically...a store. Then we went and walked the tourist shops again (realized my necklace was gone :-( ), and headed back to the condo to crash and watch a movie.

Thursday: We went to Grandfather Mountain. Absolutely amazing. Mom and Tommy walked over the Mile High Swinging Bridge. Me? I kept my feet on the ground. We saw bears, otters, a cougar and a bald eagle. All in special habitats of course, but still...they were pretty neat. At 8:00 we went a saw a play at a nearby art center...started out pretty slow, but picked up pretty quick. Pretty fun.

Friday...today. So far, Ryan and I have read (I finished my book) and we're now sitting by the pool checking email and blogging. Not sure what's on the menu for today.

So...here's my first blog. I'm soooo sorry it's long and...probably boring. Hopefully I'll get better and have everyone laughing before long...will probably have to tell some of Ryan's secrets. But...we'll see.

Comments

Jeremy Steele said…
Ok, I have to say I am pumped about this blog. The first and most important reason is that you will post the things I want to know, but ran will leave out like, forexample, the fact that he got you lost in the mountains and you had to find your way back. Priceless! Second, I have always wondered how the venerable Kelley Close wiles away the hours, and now I can finally find out.

On another (probably more interesting note to you) don't forget the north georgia premium outlets while you are up that way... they have a pittery barn, william sonoma, crate and barrel, and Yankee candle (the last one got my mom excited) Here's a link with all the info: http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/outlet.asp?id=16
Jeremy Steele said…
It didn't work right... here's the same thing on two lines:

http://www.premiumoutlets.com/
outlets/outlet.asp?id=16
Jeremy Steele said…
Hang on... wait I take everything back! That bum of a husband of yours put your name above mine! This blog is dead to me!
Unknown said…
First of all, let me apologize for my husband taking up all your space with his 3 posts (he is rather witty though , isn't he). Second, I am glad you have a blog because Ryan seems to post a lot about electronic stuff and not a lot about what's going on with y'all. It sounds like y'all are having a nice, relaxing vaca, yay!

Laura

Popular posts from this blog

My Own Life-Hacker List

I'm Tired