Sebastian Turns Three!

Today was Sebastian's birthday. Usually we take him to Sonic for an ice cream treat (which he thoroughly enjoys), but this year I decided to do a little something different. I baked him a cake. A birthday cake. Would you believe they actually have recipes for birthday cakes FOR DOGS on the internet? Yeah...they're there.

This afternoon I baked him a Peanut Butter Carrot Cake. Here's the recipe if you're interested:

Ingredients:

1/4 cup peanut butter

1 cup of flour

1/4 cup cooking oil

1 cup shredded carrots

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/3 cup honey

1 egg

Directions:

Mix all dry ingredients together. Add the remaining ingredients and mix.

Bake in a greased ring mold at 350 F for 40 minutes.

Frost this cake with cottage cheese and decorate. Store in the refrigerator.


Now, I read somewhere that if you wanted them to actually be able to eat it (then why the heck make it, I ask...) to leave out the honey. Since we didn't have any honey, I substituted apple sauce and it seemed to turn out fine. I also didn't have any cottage cheese handy so I frosted it with peanut butter and used thinly sliced baby carrots as decorations and "candles". We only let him eat about a third of it...'cause you know...it's no fun cleaning up dog puke at 2am. No worries, he'll get some more tomorrow.All in all, it was a hoot. Enjoy some pics...or...laugh at how ridiculous we are.


"Frosting" the cake with peanut butter. It's a fairly small recipe so I cooked it in a small Pyrex bowl to give it the "cupcake" look.



I sang "Happy Birthday" to him. Ryan just stood there and rolled his eyes.



At first he just licked it to death. He's a pretty big fan of peanut butter.




I finally had to cut out a slice so he could actually taste it and figure out the "cake-y" part.



After five straight minutes, he finally came up for air.



And at the end of the day...he's a happy puppy...spoiled, but happy.




Comments

Janet said…
May Sebastian enjoy many more birthdays in his loving family. The coming year will be a momentous one as he learns to share your love and affection.

Popular posts from this blog

My Own Life-Hacker List

I'm Tired