I Love Camping

I love camping.
I love the smell of a campfire or bonfire.
I love sitting by a bonfire bundled up in a blanket with hot chocolate.
I love sleeping in a sleeping bag...especially when it's really cold.
I love turning back the thermostat at night and sleeping under an electric blanket.
I love the feel of a new toothbrush...like, that first week out of the package. Wonderful.
I love the smell you get when you turn on the heater for the first time in the season.
I love how blue the sky is in the winter time.
I love the sound of rain on a tin roof or a skylight.
I love taking a shower in the middle of the day when it's cold and in the early evening when it's hot.
I love sleeping on the floor and on raised beds.
I love taking naps when it's raining outside...light thunder is a plus.
I love emptying a spool of thread.
I love being in the hammock and listening to the wind blow in the trees. (Bring on the drool.)
I love listening to the radio REALLY LOUD at night while in the car with the windows cracked...by myself, of course.
I love the smell of Dial soap...especially during that 6:00pm shower.
I love staying in hotels or cabins...as long as there isn't underwear hanging on the bathroom door.
I love giving people little dinky gifts "just because".
I love it when I fall asleep on the couch and Ryan wakes me up and walks me to the bedroom.


"Joy is not in things...it is in us."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Own Life-Hacker List

I'm Tired