This is the first blog post I’ve written in SO LONG so it feels a bit foreign and weird. I have tossed around various ideas for the past couple of months about blogging again, but I couldn’t get motivated or decisive or something.  

So, I just turned thirty-five. I've made some serious changes in the past year and for whatever reason, I want to share what I have and am learning. I constantly feel like I'm failing, but I know it can't be that bad (RIGHT?). Back in the Spring, our church’s children's ministry took the kids to a weekend camp. A friend told me that at least once a week she tells someone, “Do you follow Kelley Close on Facebook? You should. She’s funny, she’s honest, and she puts a lot of things into perspective.” I wanted to cry. This was probably the most humbling thing anyone has said to me in a very long time. So, I’m going to start blogging again. I don’t have a niche; there’s no special focus. I certainly know I’m not going to become famous.  But, I’m traveling through life and there are things I want to talk about and share and learn.

In the past year I’ve started Crossfit, I’ve embraced my love of crafting, I’ve found a new love for podcasts, I’ve become a backyard chicken farmer, I’ve seen friends experience life changing tragedies, I’ve learned to let go of things that don’t matter, and I’m still working on a lot of other areas of life that need help.

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, sky, ocean, cloud, mountain, outdoor, water and natureExample: So, we went to Alaska. I don't normally take pictures of myself because I don't normally like pictures of myself. I see the baggy eyes, the chubby cheeks, the frizzy hair, the crooked tooth, and the crow's feet. But you know what? Who freaking cares? I WAS IN ALASKA. 



You know...this could go on and on, and I’ve got a big to-do list for today (and my coffee isn’t getting any hotter).

Here’s the deal. I’m doing life. I want to capture it and talk about it and laugh at it and learn from it. If you want to do the same with me, cool. If not, I’ll talk to you in the grocery store when we pass each other in the deli buying the twenty piece of chicken wings for that night’s supper.

Here we go.

After my coffee.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Own Life-Hacker List

I'm Tired