The Busy Beaver

The Busy Beaver. Yep, that's been me, lately. Since I haven't posted in a while, this will probably take some time. Okay...here we go.

Last weekend was a whirlwind of projects. Ryan was basically reading Harry Potter ALL weekend so it kinda left me on my own. So...I sewed bunches of stuff. (Here's one of the pillows I made...my favorite holiday is Independence Day.) I also planted some plants around the utility box in the front yard, cleaned out the junk drawer, finished our bedroom curtains (which I'm not sure I even like, now), put up a trellis for my climbing rose and lots of other things that I can't even remember. I asked Ryan, but he doesn't remember...'cause he was reading. Hillary could have been moving in the house behind us and he wouldn't have noticed.

Next area of interest, I've started reading the Harry Potter books. I know, I know...I'm a little late. I finished the first book this past week. Excellent. I'm the type of person that would rather see the movie, then read the book. It doesn't ruin the book for me and I'm never disappointed with the movie. It just works for me.

THIS weekend. Yesterday my parents went to Biloxi for the day. The hospital (where he works) hired a charter bus to take them for the day. So...since their puppy is so young, Ryan and I offered to keep her for the day. So...it was hectic. Now, I don't mean just hectic in the sense that we had two dogs playing ALL day long. I mean hectic in the sense that we had our 15 lb. dog trying to play with my parents 3 lb. puppy. It was hilarious. Her name is Phoebe and we're comparing her personality to that of a little sister. She'd snip at Sebastian and when he started to chase her, she'd cry like someone was ripping her hair out and he'd look at her like, "What? I didn't even touch you." She already knows how to use her size to her advantage. Smart girl, she is. In the end, I thought Sebastian was going to start crying when we took her home.

Also yesterday, Ryan cut the grass with our new manual push lawn mower. The kind where you are the motor. :-) I got a pretty nifty picture of him mowing...you can really see the blades of grass flying up. He likes the exercise, I think it's just fun.

When Ryan was cutting the grass, he found a big spider web (and the spider), came inside telling me about the ginormous spider outside the size of his hand (about 2.5 or 3 inches in diameter). I snapped some shots, and then he sprayed half the can of bug spray on it and stomped on it. My big man.
And last, I started reading The Case for Faith. Again, I'm a little late. I learned this when I was telling Ryan about finishing Chapter 1 and was SO excited about it. He wasn't as excited as me and when I asked him why not, he told me he'd already read it a long time ago. Oh. Okay.
Anyway, it was on suffering and evil in the world, something I've been having thoughts on recently and struggling with somewhat. I have a lot of friends right now going through some hard things. Anyway, it was huge. I felt so much better about things and can't wait to start Chapter 2.

This week was also the start of my retirement from teaching dance. It just became too much with me working now. So...yeah. When I started thinking of ways to get back in shape, Ryan took me to the gym on base and bought me a membership. Since we're carpooling most days, there's now no excuse for me not to go. Crap.

Comments

Jeremy Steele said…
wow... I have to say you do more in an afternoon than I do in like a whole week. Maybe some of your efficiency will rub off on me... Nah!
Ryan Close said…
It hasn't rubbed off on ME yet...

Popular posts from this blog

My Own Life-Hacker List

I'm Tired