Let's Try This Again...

Okay...so it's been a while...which probably doesn't matter 'cause I'm not sure that anybody's actually reading these. But that's okay...I'm not hurt.
So...it's almost been a year and SO much has changed. I'm no longer at Hatch Mott MacDonald. I came to the realization that engineering (at least in the field of wastewater treatment) wasn't for me. My WONDERFUL husband let me quit and I took six weeks off before finding a job at GCCC with the ESOL department. (English for Speakers of Other Languages) It's totally different but I seem to be liking it so far. Which makes Ryan super happy. And me too. It's only 30 hours per week but that's okay, too, for now.
I just turned 26 (on Monday) and it has somewhat knocked me back. Maybe not so much about turning 26 but I keep thinking, "Whoa, next year I'll be 27...whoa." So what have I accomplished in 26 years? Well, I've graduated college, worked as an engineer, learned that I didn't like it and am pursing something else. Looking at that makes me think that I haven't accomplished much. I mean, seriously, I'm 26, where am I going? (Sorry if this gets too deep, but this is what's on my mind as of late.) However, here's the main thing I've learned just this year. It's not about the status, the paycheck (and boy was it great while it lasted), or even the occasional "brushing of shoulders" with some of Bay County's "hootie toots". It's so much more about being satisfied with yourself, knowing that you're doing something bigger, and even knowing that you're on God's path and doing something that HE wants you to do. It's about coming home happy, being excited about a new day, and being happy to come home and make plans for the future, may it be next weekend or next Christmas. What is "it"? I'm not sure. I'm still trying to figure that out.
So...in a nutshell, that's what I've learned since my last birthday. I think I may have come farther this year than all the others combined.

So...next year I'll be 27. Whoa.

Comments

Adria Peaden said…
I am listening....I hear ya loud and clear. Being happy is a lot better then a fat paycheck :)
Jen said…
See...people do really read these! I am so glad that you updated your blog and you are singing what I am feeling loud and clear!

Popular posts from this blog

My Own Life-Hacker List

I'm Tired