Another Monday

So...it's Monday morning (foggy, too) and I'm wide awake (thanks to an early morning job interview which I'm already back home from). It's funny that when I was working Mondays were totally different from what they are now. I used to dread Sunday afternoons, sometimes I'd even come down with the worst stomach or headaches imaginable...all because I knew Monday was right around the corner. Now...I just make mental notes of what I can cook for the coming week's suppers, what projects I want to work on, and what big chores need to be finished. Totally different.

I'm also helping plan a surprise birthday party for my Granny. Her birthday is in early February, but this Saturday we'll be celebrating. It's pretty funny how different it is when planning a party for someone in their eighties. My cousin is putting together a slide show of pictures and we've had a hard time finding pictures of Granny when she was young. She doesn't have any wedding pictures. The pictures we DO have of her when she was young, she isn't smiling in any of them. (I asked her why she never smiled in her pictures when she was little and she said that there wasn't anything to smile about...she grew up during the Depression). She also doesn't have any wedding pictures. For music, I think we're using some songs from the 40's. Food is another one. We're having to make sure we have enough diet and caffeine free drinks...'cause some of them can't do the sugar.

The guest list is also something totally different. Take for instance one of her cousins...he let us know that he'll be there UNLESS he has to have a pace maker put in the day before...then he won't be able to make. Now, yes, I know that's freakin' funny, but to hear him explain it...he KNEW it was hilarious, but at the same time he REALLY wanted to be able to attend. So sweet. So, yeah, totally different planning a party for the older generation, but kinda fun too. Who says they can't have a good time?

Okay...gonna go put on regular clothes and try to clean up this place a bit...might even work on the garage. We'll see.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Own Life-Hacker List

I'm Tired