Well....Turns Out I Got Nothing

This week I started working on finishing up an afghan that I started quite some time ago. I originally bought the kit at Big Lots back in the day. When I say "back in the day" I mean...back when I was a size 2 and had big dreams of what I was going to do with my mom's car once I actually took possession of it (which really only consisted of buying new towels for the seats, hanging a pretty sparkly from the mirror, and putting in new floor mats. Yes...the afghan's that old. It's amazing (read: ridiculous) that I've held on to it for so many years. Not sure why, but I guess I just wanted to see this one through. So...the project continues.

The sad thing is...I didn't get it finished. I've been working on it as much I've been able, but it just hasn't worked out. First I had to take it to Hobby Lobby (when I bought this stupid thing, Hobby Lobby was Food World!) and buy more thread...which meant I had to match the thread...which I hate doing because it never matches. I don't care how much time you spend holding single strands next to what you already have...it ain't gonna match. I bought the thread and I've been working on it ever since. And I've still got a pretty good way to go. I'm not giving up, though. I'll see this one to the end...the pitiful, ridiculous end.
Because I knew I wouldn't have a project completed this week I tried to find one that would be a somewhat "easy finish" and I could post about it. Which led me to the craft/computer/junk/don't-venture-in-lest-you-never-return room.

Which is a mess.

And this irritates me. To no end.

So I started cleaning up a little.

And that turned into a lot.

So...I've now got an even messier room with no finished project. Sigh....oh well. In the words of a dear friend from back in the day (even before the afghan was purchased!), "I'm over it....wait....no, I'm not.....oh wait...yeah....yeah, I'm over it."

Here's what I WILL leave you with. I found these really cute ribbon boxes on the internet and really wanted one. The only problem is (other than me being cheap) is that they're $20 and they only hold 27 spools of ribbon...and I've got WAY more than that. So I started thinking..."I could make something similar to that...."









Ryan thinks it's the most ghetto thing we own, but I think it's a wonderful solution to the ribbon issue while also offering a delightful way to recycle. And too, it cracks me up every time I look at it. Baby L doesn't seem to mind...in fact, I think I remember him saying something about being happy to help the cause....



No, I'm not going to keep it...it was mainly an experiment to see if it would actually work. I'm still pondering on how to make a nice one...but for now, as bad as I hate to admit it, it's working out pretty well.

Comments

Janet said…
Okay, the logical person in me is still trying to figure out "how" it works. Are the ribbon rolls on dowels that stick into the sides of the box?
I love it! Nothing wrong with reusing the Huggies box! We pay enough for the diapers to do nothing but catch poop and pee (most of the time) and it's just a bonus if we can make use of the box too! Woohoo!
OK so I have to admit I am just now reading (and finding) your blog for the first time. YOU CRACK ME UP! So, you probably have already moved on to bigger and better things, BUT a little pricey at almost $6, but the texture spray paint coudl make this look like a cool copper or silver box - just a thought! I must read on...

Popular posts from this blog

My Own Life-Hacker List

I'm Tired