It All Started With a Tub of Rhinestones

Well, you're probably wondering if the "Rose Afghan" is done. Nope. I did finish another rose and today I started another, but it isn't complete. I'm not giving up, though. I'm actually thinking about having it featured on the next season of The Bachelor. I can see it now, "Suzie, will you accept my rose? Lisa, will you accept my rose? Girl-That-Has-No-Clue-About-What-Makes-A-Real-Relationship-But-Expects-To-Find-Love-On-A-TV-Show, will you take a nap under my rose afghan?" Sigh....anyway...

I do have something that IS complete.I actually have TWO somethings that are complete.

Here's the story: Hobby Lobby has these tubs of rhinestones. They're all different sizes and colors, and I don't know why, but I've been wanting them for some time now...probably a few months. Why didn't I just buy them? I don't know...I couldn't figure out what to do with them and I am a little on the cheap side so I didn't want to spend $16 on something that I didn't have a specific use for. But...last weekend was my "birthday weekend" so I made a little trip to Hobby Lobby for a few things. Fortunately, everything I wanted was already on sale and I had a 40% off coupon burning a hole in my pocket.

And then I walked by the rhinestones.

Oh, the rhinestones.

So sparkly. So tacky. So CALLING MY NAME.

I grabbed them, brought them home, and showed them to Ryan. He just kinda stood there and stared at me. Oh well.

Later that weekend we went to Target and I saw a lot of their "back to school" items on sale...including dorm stuff. I don't know why, but I love it when that stuff goes on sale. The stuff is always in weird colors, simple designs, and usually pretty fun styles. I found these weird olive--puke-green photo frames. They were packaged three to a pack for the 5x7 size and I instantly thought, "Oooh! I could totally glue some rhinestones on those!" But then I thought that they'd be too tacky. But THEN I thought, "Hey, I need some tacky in my life." (As though I don't already have enough.)And Friday night, I pulled out my bead glue (also for smooth surfaces) and went to town.
Sparkly? Yes.

Tacky? Certainly.

Love it? You betcha.
Today I worked quite a bit on the front room (office/craft/junk room). Once I had more than a path (finally!) I decided that since I was on a roll, I'd go ahead and finish another project. I raided the project tub and pulled out a tote bag that I actually bought a couple of years ago. I had intended on decorating it, but never got around to it. I ended up using it anyway because it's huge and has an inside pocket, velcro on the outside, AND it has these nifty clip things on the insides that will make it bunch together. Anyway, I finally got around to decorating it.

And it's tacky.
And I love it.

I also posted it on my sil's craft blog. Aren't I all Mrs. Productive today? Woot!

Comments

Janet said…
I love the picture frames and sparkly gems are in!

Popular posts from this blog

My Own Life-Hacker List

I'm Tired