Down and Out

So...lately I've been pretty bummed. I do this every so often so it's not too big of a thing. I have a pity party, have a little meltdown, wash my face and figure out how to make the next day better. Maybe it's one of those "blessings" of being a girl...regardless, it is what it is.

I'm still unemployed. Hopefully that will change soon. I'm supposed to meet with someone this week about a job possibility...I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but, at the same time, trying to hope for something so that I have some motivation. My mom got a job (today actually) working two days a week in a doctor's office helping out with simple medical procedures. She was very excited as she's been at the house for a lot longer than I have (real estate stinks) and has been experiencing the "What's My Purpose" blues for a while now. I'm excited for her. She was going today to buy a set of scrubs and was excited. I'll admit...I'm a bit envious, but I'm still very excited for her.

I've also been hitting the gym some. I've got about 20 pounds that I really want to lose (that's what I've gained since Ryan and I were married). There's truly something to be said about being fat and happy. They just go together. Salad isn't nearly as romantic as Oreos dipped in milk at 10:00 at night. So...the gym's been kicking my rear pretty hard. Hasn't taken any away yet, but I'm working on it.

Projects have been the thing lately for me. I sewed a lot of last week...new kitchen curtains (love 'em), a cute tank top (that's too small), a cute sleeveless top (that's too big), and a pair of pants that I set aside after trying them on halfway through construction and realizing they were too small in the rear. Ugh!!! Understand the meltdown, now? :-)

So...here I am, (feels like a Monday when it's really Tuesday...ugh...holidays) flipping through a "Family Handyman" magazine called "99 Bucks and a Weekend" and wondering what I can make. I'm considering the pull out drawers for under the sink in the kitchen. We'll see what happens. I'll post a picture of the finished product. Hopefully they'll actually roll out of the cabinet!

Comments

Adria Peaden said…
Hang in there. We love you guys.

Popular posts from this blog

My Own Life-Hacker List

I'm Tired