Happy Valentine's Day!!!

SInce Ryan's been working so much lately and we haven't been able to spend a lot of time together, Valentine's Day was this weekend, and he has a holiday tomorrow (gotta love those federal holidays, we decided to come to Destin and spend the night in a hotel...mainly just to get away from the normal hum drum. So here we are at the Summerplace Inn in Destin having a ball. We drove over right after church and have had so much fun today. We shopped till we dropped, ate at Ciao Bella, hung out at Barnes and Noble, and are now back in our room. (I don't know why but I love staying in hotels. They must be clean, mind you, but it's something I've always enjoyed. Maybe it's the simple change in atmosphere, but I love it. )

Someone once told me that I was the "homely type". This was a really good friend and it was when I was telling this friend that I wasn't moving away to college but had decided instead to stay here and do the program at FSU PC. He said, "Well, you've always been the homely type, anyway." At the time, it hurt my feelings big time. I felt like I was less that adequate or not the type of girl/woman that guys would ever want. But...now I've found that I'm so happy to be who I am. I'm happy that it doesn't take much to make me happy. (weird sentence...sorry) I enjoy simple things in life and typically don't require too much. Almost every time that Ryan and I have our little dates or just hang out together, I realize how much I really do enjoy the little stuff. Like one of our pastors at church says, "Be happy in the everyday stuff." It's taken me a while to get to this point...that point where I look at my life and think, "Wow, things are really good and I'm so happy with that."

For instance, while I'm typing this blog entry I'm eating some conversation hearts. We stopped at the walmart to grab some...I never want the box of candy or the pricey dinner out for Valentine's Day...I only want my conversation hearts. Every year. Actually, yesterday we were walking throught Target and all these guys were standing by the card section frantically looking through cards. Ryan asked if I wanted him to go stand with the other guys...I just laughed. I'm just not into that stuff. Lucky him, right?

So we're at dinner tonight and here's one of our conversations:

Kelley: So what do you want to do after this?
Ryan: We could go see a movie.
Kelley: Yeah, and then we could stop somewhere and have a cheesecake dessert. (there was a cheesecake flier on the table)
Ryan: Or...we could buy a cheesecake and take it in to the movie!
Kelley: I don't think they let you take stuff in like that.
Ryan: We could sneak it in in your purse.
Kelley: I don't think a cheesecake would fit in my purse. I didn't bring the big one.
Ryan: Yeah it would. It'd fit.
Dead silence....
Kelley: Ryan, why in the world would we take a cheesecake into the movie?!?!?!

I love our relationship. I truly love this computer nerd. I thank God so many times for sending Ryan to me. I honestly don't know where I'd be without him. I wouldn't be laughing as much...that's for sure.

Life is so good.
Happy Valentine's Day

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Own Life-Hacker List

I'm Tired