A Wonderful Day

So today was one of those days that I absolutely love. I am on the downhill side of my cold, still coughing and a little stuffy, but feeling so much better. I woke up, got the hubby out the door, took a shower and got down to business. I'm always amazed at how fast the house can take a downward spiral when you're sick and not able to take care of the normal chores. My plan was to "restore order" but in end, I did some serious spring cleaning. I love these days. I love working and working and working and when I'm done being able to sit back and admire the progress.

I dusted EVERYTHING in our bedroom, cleaned the bathroom top to bottom, even the baseboards. Honestly, I don't remember my mother having to dust this must when i was little. Why does this house have so much dust and where does it come from? (I read once that dust was like 90% dead skin...not sure about that one...but if so, gross.) I had sheets on the clothesline, the radio blaring, and the vacuum was running hot. It was great. Poor Sebastian kept following me from room to room and he's wiped out. Right now he's on his little cusion/bed at my feet...I'm surprised he isn't snoring yet.

Once I finished cleaning for the day (I have more things I want to finish tomorrow) I took a shower. Now, I don't know if anyone else out there is like this but my favorite time of the day to shower is betwen 5:00 and 6:00 pm. Don't know why, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE taking showers at that time. I get the water as hot as I can stand it and just stand there and let it beat me. Wonderful. To let the hot water fit my face....can't explain it. Pure delight.

Then...off to craft night at a friend's house. I've been working on a quilt that I was able to work on a lot Sunday afternoon and it was ready to have the binding finished...a perfect task for craft night!

So...even though it was a Monday and I worked my tail off...it was the best Monday I've had in a long while. I'm so exhausted but I feel great at the same time. Hopefully tomorrow will be much of the same...I've got some things I want cleaned up outside in and around the yard.

But for now...off to bed to read a little before I completely crash. Happy Monday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Own Life-Hacker List

I'm Tired