Guess What I Did

So...it's kinda late, but...guess what I did. I finished a project.

I know it's been two and a half weeks since I started this challenge, but technically I'm only a few days late. The first week I made a "new baby" gift basket. We have a new associate pastor and he and his wifey are expecting Number Two. Our church threw them a sort of welcome home party/baby shower so I made a gift basket similar to the ones I made for Relay for Life. I'm really enjoying making these baskets. Granted, they're a lot of work, but I love putting in items that are practical and things that are just plain fun. Gotta love those pee pee tee pees.

So last week was my first week that required me to actually finish a project. And although I'm a little late, it's done. So...I finished these placemats I started back in December. Now, if you're looking at the picture and thinking, "Hmmm...there're only five placemats..." Ummm....yeah....see, I started these early December for my mil's Christmas gift. Her kitchen is blue and white and she has these huge, decorative metal stars on the wall... and I just thought they'd be pretty.

I drew out the pattern on graph paper (somewhat similar to the process for the Mario quilt. The stars were appliqued using a zigzag stitch. I sewed on the binding by hand (I've tried using the machine for this, but it just never looks as nice as doing it by hand). So...because we had so many things to do at Christmas and I was pregnant and didn't realize how much time they would end up taking (and being that it's August I apparently REALLY under estimated!), let's just say that she didn't get them for Christmas. Actually, she only got one for Christmas. She opened the box, pulled out the one placemat and had this confused look on her face. When I told her that she'd get the others at a later date because they weren't finished yet, she just giggled and said, "Oh how funny!" Gotta love her.

But now...she's going to get the rest of them. And yes, it's August (almost September), but she'll get them this week and yes, they WILL be wrapped in Christmas paper.

Am I tacky?

Of course.

You didn't know this already?

This week I'm also going to work on a pillow that I quilted over a year ago and never finished. I'm not going to confess how little needs to be done to it...the point is that it'll finally be finished and I'll gain a little extra momentum to tackle a few more projects. I'm getting excited.




Comments

Ok, late or not, I absolutely love them. If you keep posting all this cute stuff I'm going to have to "hire" you for a project for me! I LOOOOOOVE it!
Janet said…
They are a design star all on their own! I hope you did an "I did it! I did it! I did it!" dance when you finished :-)

Popular posts from this blog

My Own Life-Hacker List

I'm Tired