Hey...I'm Back.

Wow...it's been a while since my last post...and craft project. I've been dying to post (and plan to hit on several various topics but want to gather my thoughts better so I don't sound like a bumbling idiot...even though most times I do anyway), but haven't been able to make it happen. And that's mainly for two reasons...1) the "Clothespin Project" didn't turn out quite as I'd hoped so I kind of lost heart and 2) we had a yard sale so I was trying to prepare for that. Thankfully, we rid the house and garage of LOTS of stuff and almost made enough to cover the cost of our new dishwasher. Woot! (For some reason I've never been of the mindset to have a yard sale to only clean out or to only make money. My mom and I would clean out and say, "Okay, whatever money we make, it's going toward ____." That's also how I got my first (real) bicycle (that didn't have training wheels or a stupid saddlebag basket on the back or a dorky neon orange flag on the back...it was from a real store, it was brand new (and not just to me) and it was way cool. I recently gave it away because the seat just doesn't agree with my tushy anymore. So...we decided to clean out and that the money would go toward paying for our new dishwasher.)

So...here's the clothespin project. I don't even remember where I got this stupid mirror. It was just a plain old oval shaped mirror with a basic wooden frame. I got it (probably at a yard sale) and had a wild idea to paint it and hang it with some ribbon...I'm sure you can imagine the idea...they were very popular a few years ago...and yes, I've had the mirror that long. I finally decided that I'd do something with it and when I saw this project, I thought, "Perfect! That's what I'll do!"

I bought my paint and clothespins. I should have bought the nicer clothespins, but I figured it was for a craft project and it didn't matter...but now I wish I had splurged. Live and learn. I also wish I'd painted the pins and mirror the same color...I love the way the Better Homes and Gardens one looks, but mine looks quite "3rd grade"...just not the look I was going for. I also turned my clothespins "grabby side in" so that I could clip pictures in them, but I'm not exactly pleased with that look, either. So...that's why my craft challenge has been on hold. It's just takes one step back to totally ruin your motivation.

Here's the finished product...looking at this picture I also wish I'd put more clothespins on it as it looks a little skimpy.

Oh and when I went to hang it in Lane's room...guess what it was missing. Yup. No hook on the back. Grrr....looks like it'll be another year until this one actually touches Sheetrock. (And yes, I did brush my hair after the first two attempts at this picture.)

The good thing (or at least better) is that I've already started working on something else. Lane 's really starting to move around on the floor and he's loving toys. I keep most of his toys in a basket on the bookshelf so Sebastian doesn't take them all to the backyard. This basket is no longer holding them all. So...I'd bought some of those fabric covered, collapsible baskets from Hobby Lobby with good intentions to do something with them... Enter the new toy basket! Hopefully I'll get it completed sometime soon and post pictures.

I'm excited to be crafting again!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Own Life-Hacker List

I'm Tired