Day 27: Almost A Month?!?!

Yesterday I crossed a line. You know that line that separates the twenty-somethings from the women? Yesterday I totally flew over it. Yesterday I cooked my very first chuck roast. I pulled it out of the freezer Sunday night and let it thaw overnight. Yesterday morning I rinsed it off, put it in my slow cooker (seriously, if you don't have one, you SO need to get one...everybody's doin' it!), put some minced onion and grinder seasonings on it and filled it up with water. I turned it on high and let her go.

For breakfast it was instant oatmeal and milk, lunch was...drum roll please...baked ziti! Let's not talk about snack...(Heath Klondike bar)...and supper was the most succulent roast I think I've ever eaten. I wish I could have taken a picture that could have captured how it tasted. It was that good. And of course, Baby L woke up JUST as we were about to sit down and I had to go feed him so Ryan went ahead and ate. I could hear him saying, "Baby, this is really good! You did a good job!)

I don't know why, but I'm always so afraid of cooking meat of this type. I'm so afraid that it's going to be dried out, too salty, or so tough that it requires a hand saw. That's why I usually stick to the meats I know how to cook...fish, chicken, sausage, ground beef. But...I'm sold. That chuck roast was deeeeelish. My mother instructed me to just put it in the slow cooker with water that reached the top of the roast. Sprinkle on that onion and seasonings and let the slow cooker do the rest. As much as Ryan hates leftovers, when I asked him if it was okay to fix him a lunch for tomorrow out of it, he responded, "Yes! Please!"

And the good thing about knowing how to cook a chuck roast now?

I've got another one in the freezer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Own Life-Hacker List

I'm Tired