Day 28: Must. Hold. Out. Well...maybe...

Terrific Tuesday...has not been so terrific. I go back to work Thursday and I'm quite nervous about it. Fortunately, I work somewhere that allows me to show up anytime between 6:00 and 9:00 am. Sweet, right? I normally like to go in early so I can leave work early. If I get in at 7:00 and take a half hour lunch, I can leave at 3:30 and make it home by 4:00. If this is no big deal for you, try leaving work from the beach, hitting the flyover only to discover that doesn't understand the rules about moving your car after it's once again backed up due to Spring Break, a brush fire, or some idiot that has caused yet another wreck on the bridge (or near the bridge) (or somewhere that affects traffic on the bridge) (or somewhere within 20 miles of the bridge). Seriously, when I worked for the engineering company, I was constantly finding myself crying while sitting at a standstill on the flyover. At one point I was knitting a blanket for a friend and everyone thought I was this super duper speed knitter. It wasn't that. It was just that I was working on it while sitting in traffic. I just didn't have the guts to admit that's what I was doing. I also kept a book in the car for the same purpose. Gone With The Wind? Read a lot of it sitting somewhere between Wayne's World RV Lot and Gulf Coast Community College.

Anyway, I love our flex time. It's such a blessing. However, I'm still nervous about going back to work and getting Baby L ready, fed, changed, to the sitter's...while also trying to shower, dress, and feed myself. Ryan? He's on his own. That sucker can wake up 15 minutes before he's supposed to be in the car and make it out on time. Ticks me off every morning. I can be running around the house having a panic attack and he just moseys on out of bed, showers, dresses, brushes his teeth, and hits the door. This morning I got up at 6:00, showered, dressed, and even dried my hair. My back is still out so I was moving at a much slower rate than normal. Ryan, Sebastian, and Baby L were STILL asleep at 7:22. Hmmmm...how's this going to work? Tomorrow I'll work on it again and see what happens. Hopefully putting him to bed earlier will play to my advantage and he'll wake up earlier and we might be able to get out on time come Thursday. If I can get there by 8:00, I'm going to count it as a win.

So...food. Yes. Breakfast was instant oatmeal and milk. A while back Kashi oatmeal was on sale so I thought I'd be all healthy and try it. While one flavor was pretty good, the other was NOT. It tastes something similar to a Lynn Haven Ledger that's been left in the driveway for a whole week...with lots of rain (I use this comparison because we have someone on our street that keeps forgetting to pick theirs up and pretty soon it's going to be a greasy spot on their concrete instead of a newspaper). Snack was a pepsi and cheese crackers on the road. Lunch was roast beef (YUM), leftover veggies (squash, okra, carrots, potatoes), and the last of the mac and cheese. Seriously, so good. Supper was soft and hard tacos. Although I didn't cook this meal, I did pull out the beef from the freezer to thaw overnight. Ryan got home and saw how bad of shape I was in and went to cooking. So sweet.

I would write a little more, but Baby's asleep, Ryan's already in bed, and my new book and ice pack are calling my name. More later on how I've realized that I've really let myself go. I once broke a piece of plywood in half with a hammer...and now I have to count to three and then to ten just to get off the chair.

Comments

Don't worry! I know you will do great. Now let's just get your back in order...that sucks! If you need a hand, give me a call, okay?

Popular posts from this blog

My Own Life-Hacker List

I'm Tired