My Freezer Challenge-Day 2

Today went pretty well as far as meals go. For breakfast I had an English muffin (do you know the Muffin Man?), Ovaltine, and blueberries. Lunch was one of those stuffed chicken breasts by Barber Foods and french fries. But for the big meal, supper was smoked sausage (from Sam's!), whole wheat penne pasta, cucumbers and baby carrots with a little dressing, a fruit salad made of blueberries, watermelon, grapes, and blackberries, and leftover green beans.

I did have to venture out to Target for milk and bread, but that's the only food I bought. It was kinda hard, too. I had some good coupons for a few things, but I reminded myself that I already had a two pound block of cheddar at home that wasn't even opened yet. Soooo...milk and bread and nothing else.

I cleaned out a few things today (stale bread, mushy lettuce) and found some things that I had forgotten I even had. I get tons of samples in the mail (I get so excited when they come in the mail...it's like Christmas) and I just throw them in the pantry and forget about them. Today I grabbed a basket and started piling all my snack-y things in it. It's full. Seriously. Full.

Also while cleaning I realized that I "stock up" on quite a few different types of items. Granted, the main reason I do this is because the coupon thing but still...it's a bit ridiculous. I think I should start calling myself the "Quantity Queen". I've got six sticks of deodorant for Ryan, five for myself (plus the sample that came in yesterday's mail), bags of dog treats that aren't even opened yet, four containers of laundry detergent (plus three already opened on the dryer), and enough mini pads...well, let's just say I've got plenty. :-) So...yeah. I'm also realizing that I need to start using this stuff. What's the point of having all of it if I never use it (unless I want to be the next "Hoarders" story). Same goes for the cleansers under the kitchen sink...ouch.

Sooo....that box of candles over the washing machine? Gonna start lightin' up. The countless bottles of shower gels and lotions? Gonna start gettin' moisturized. The six bottles/cans of dusting stuff? (not including the swiffer "dusters") Gonna start dusting.

Okay, probably not.

Got me there.

Comments

Tommy said…
This is Tommy....I was like that B-L&K (that's before Linda and Kelley). 5 & 6 cans of just about everything, two bags of sugar, flour (self-rising and regular)...yeah, Linda found some canned stuff out of date for 8 years...it took Linda about 5 years to break me of that. I guess in that short period that you were still here, you picked up on it real well. (I'm so proud of you! :-) ))

Popular posts from this blog

My Own Life-Hacker List

I'm Tired