Day 6: Almost A Whole Week

Most Monday nights include me going to a craft group at a friend's house. We each bring a dish, eat, have a quick devotional, and then...craft. We all do different crafts: quilting, crocheting, knitting, beading, scrap booking, you name it. And talk. We ALL do that. And quite well.

Tonight I was signed up to bring a side dish. This morning I went to my freezer and searched for something side dish-y...found some sweet potato patties and thought to myself, "Self, that'll do." I let them thaw, put them in a casserole dish, put a tiny bit of butter on each one and sprinkled some brown sugar on the tops. I wasn't sure if they needed some water on the bottoms or not so I put a little in there anyway. Baked them for 15 minutes at 350 and voila! Side dish ready to go. Not sure how good they were for everyone else, but I enjoyed two of them. I say this because sometimes I like my food bland and sometimes I want lots of flavor...just depends on the food and the mood.

Hey! I just made a rhyme!

Ryan had a plate of leftover sausage, corn, and penne pasta.

We had to run an errand over his lunch break today so we went to Chickfila for lunch. I forgot that today was the first real serving of the new spicy sandwich...he, however did not. I got the salad as that was something that we didn't have at the house. I figured that kind of justified my eating out. Sort of. Well, it was good enough for me.

So...tomorrow's another day. We're trying to get our house super clean before I go back to work and tomorrow afternoon/evening will include both of us working on it after he comes home from work. So that might mean sandwiches for supper. But...it'll be something eaten here and something pulled from our stockpile.

I think I might be recovering from my setback, but Wednesday will be my true test. Not only will it have been a week since I started this stupid challenge, but it'll also be New Food Day. Typically my favorite day of the week. I'm already getting the shakes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Own Life-Hacker List

I'm Tired