Day 7: What, what?!?!

Today my niece came over and hung out a little bit while my mom had an appointment. My niece is seven and a ball full of energy. Baby L had a rough night with a cough and the doctor was going to see us in the morning so I told my niece that she'd have to go with us and that I was sorry, but I'd make it up to her. She was up for the challenge. After the doctor we hit Sam's (another story), Publix (for meds), and then came home. Although she's only seven, she was such a huge help to me. She carried my purse, held the door open for me, tried to get me a buggy at Publix (but couldn't because the wheels were up over the curb), soothed Baby L when he got fussy in the back seat, and even kept me in good spirits with the quirky things she said. Seriously, my day would not have gone as smoothly had she not been with me.

Here are just a few of the things she delighted me with:
E: Baby L is getting really big! He's going to be crawling soon and then walking, and then running.
Me: Yep. It's kinda scary, huh?
E: And then you're gonna have a new workout routine!

E: My dad taught me how to make bubble sounds in my arm pit.
Me: Really? Wow. He's teaching you the important stuff, huh?
E: Yep. It works better when they're a little wet. I can also make the sound behind my knee.
Me: Hmmm....
E: I'm better at it than my mommy.

E: Baby L keeps spitting his pacifier out.
Me: I know...he does that a lot.
E: Don't ya just want to tape it to his face?

And my favorite of the day...
E: Ummm! Oh!!! He just spit up all over me!
Nana: Well, it's okay. I'm coming...it's okay.
E: No. It's all over me. Hurry!
Nana: It's okay. It's not that big of a deal.
E: Yes it is! It's all yucky!

After I found her a clean shirt to put on, we laughed and laughed...I asked her if she wanted to hold him again and I got a "Nah. That's okay."

We were supposed to have small group tonight and we were to host and provide the main dish. Because we've been cleaning up so much we decided that we'd order a "bigga sandwich" from Walmart. However...I called this morning and they require a 24-hour notice. Oops. Forgot about that. Called Publix and they have the same rule. So...I thought, "That's okay. I'll wing it." Went to Sam's and bought turkey, ham, and cheese. Bought a loaf of cuban bread and some "sandwich thins". However, almost all of our couples weren't able to make it. One had family in town, we were sick, another was preparing for a baby shower, and yet another was preparing for a little minor surgery. Every couple in our group is very busy throughout the week and so every now and then we have to just take a break and skip a week. And that's okay, I think. I personally think God wants us to make sure we don't operate in that red zone too much.

But I also have four packages of lunch meat, two bags of sandwich thins (B1G1) and a loaf of cuban bread...and cheese. A huge package of cheese. What to do? Ryan's taking sandwiches for lunch through the rest of the month. :-)

So even though I did buy some items that will probably go in the freezer, it was unintentional so I'm not counting it.

I was good at Publix, though. Bought a loaf of regular bread only because we had a few slices before empty.

I'll leave you with another convo from today:
Me: E, did you burn your tongue?
E: No. It always looks like that sometimes.
Me: Hmm. (chuckle to myself)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Own Life-Hacker List

I'm Tired