Day 9 and Doin' Fine

Today consisted of errands and more errands. Donations to the church, pit stop at the bank, fabric for a shower gift from Joann's, and then home. Take a little break, feed Baby L, meds from Publix, a return and other purchases from Wal-Mart, and back home for good. And now? My butt draggeth.

For supper we had turkey tacos. I've never really cooked with ground turkey (even though I have six pounds of it in the freezer) so I was really unsure of it. But...I thought that we'd give it a try and if it wasn't our thing then at least the taco seasoning would mask some of the taste. Cooking it was a little strange as it didn't brown like ground beef. I actually called Ryan on his way home and told him what I was doing and if I should go ahead and add the seasoning...kind of like a "point of no return" moment. He said, "Forward march."

And really, it wasn't that bad. Maybe not as good as ground beef, but it wasn't bad. It was also a lot less fat. So...we might just try it again.

After browning the turkey and adding the seasoning, I heated the tostados shells and started the layering. Shell, meat, lettuce, taco sauce, cheese, and sour cream. One thing I love about these is how fun they always look.

This was mine...forgive the paper plates. It's Paper Plate Friday.




And this was Ryan's.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Own Life-Hacker List

I'm Tired