Another Challenge? Possibly.

I've now been back at work for a little over a month now. What do I have to say about working full time while having a five month old baby? This. Is. Hard. My routine is packed, many times I crash on the way to bed...sometimes I don't even remember my head hitting the pillow. And yet, among this fast tracked schedule, there are still other things that I want to accomplish. Some of those things are craft projects that I started at some point...some of them YEARS ago. (One of them was started in high school...and yes, I still have it. I've actually moved it with me for four house moves. Why? No clue. )

My SIL and her sister and mother have also started a craft blog. They've been making posts of the cutest things and have invited me to join in, but...when do I post? WHAT do I post? Granted, I'm somewhat crafty...I'm no Martha Stewart, but I can hold my own. So...I started looking around and mentally gathering all the projects I need to finish and the ones that I want to start (meaning I have the patterns and the supplies...just need to get crackin'). And the list? Ridiculous. I'm learning that I start a lot of projects and don't finish them. Which really makes me irritated with myself. So...I've been thinking about doing another little challenge. Here's why: 1) I did fairly well with the Freezer Challenge. 2) I REALLY want to clean out my craft stuff, but I want to finish up some of these long lost projects and not just toss them. 3) I want to post some of my craft projects on www.threadedtogether.com and this might give me enough pride in them to actually do it. 4) I enjoy blogging (even if it IS about nothing but how much my son poops in one day) and so this will push me to blog more. 5) I'm kinda liking this challenge thing because it really does push the accountability.

So...here's my challenge: I'm going to try REALLY hard to finish up the numerous craft projects I've had going for so many years. I'm going to try to work only on projects that I've already started. Obviously, I'll have to purchase some supplies to complete these projects, but I won't be starting any new projects. My goal is to finish up already started projects, clear out finished projects and supplies, and clean up supplies that I still have. Granted, I know I won't complete every crafty thing I have...but I hope to at least finish some of the ones I have...like...those place mats I made for my MIL for Christmas...yes, it's August and I STILL haven't completed them. Maybe I should just save them for next year? NO! They WILL get finished and she WILL get them before Christmas...hopefully Thanksgiving. I'll obviously blog on here (hopefully on a weekly basis) and I'm also going to try to post the crafts on the craft blog. My goal is to complete at least one project every week. The larger projects (quilts for example) I'll give myself more time...two weeks maybe (don't fret; I have a quilting frame so that makes it a lot easier). Either way, I hope this holds me to it and I get some things accomplished. If nothing else, you all (few) will stay updated on Baby L's poop schedule.

btw: No BM today.

Comments

Unknown said…
Yay!!! We can't wait for you to join us! We are really having a lot of fun with it.

Popular posts from this blog

My Own Life-Hacker List

I'm Tired