Hey, What Do You Know? I AM Still Alive!

So, yes, I do realize it's been one whole month since my last blog post. I've had a few things going on. :-)

My challenge officially ended last Sunday when we were down to fish and spicy sausage. Seriously, that was the only meat left in the freezer. I still have some frozen veggies and breads and such, but the stockpile is considerably lower since when I first began. Although I've been making lots of room in the freezer by eating what I already have, I now am somewhat negating the whole challenge by cooking meals and freezing them in containers for lunches when we're at work. As this seems to be my latest kick...you might say I'm a cooking, freezing, fool. And that's okay. It's SO nice to grab a container on the way to the car and know that I'll be having a nice home cooked lunch. I've also learned to cook extra when I'm cooking my normal suppers. I take the extra and place it in containers, let it cool completely on the counter, label it, and pop it in the freezer. The other beautiful thing about this is that I often get tired of eating on the same dish all week. But...I might actually be in the mood for it in two or three weeks. I'm also a big breakfast person. So...I've been cooking breakfast muffins, french toast, even mini breakfast quiches and freezing them. I then pop them in a gallon sized freezer bag and take the whole bag to work. This week I had sausage muffins two days, french toast two days, and mini quiche another. Being sure to freeze things using the correct method makes it taste like I just cooked it. Seriously, I'm hooked.

In other news, I'm totally motivated to clean out and up my house. In the four years we've been married, we have really crammed some serious "stuff" in here. We don't have a HUGE house, but we definitely have too much stuff for the amount of room. Admittedly, a good chunk of the stuff is mine...and a good chunk of that stuff is my craft stuff. It seems I have a problem with starting projects and not finishing them. Yesterday I made a car seat cover for Baby L's big boy seat in Daddy's truck and I was so impressed with myself for completing the entire task in one sitting. I started to realize that I rarely finish a project. Which is really sad. Think of all the neat things I could have if I'd only finish what I started. Sigh...

I'm considering starting a similar challenge where I complete all these projects I've started over the years, but that will take some more thinking and pondering. More than what I've got at the present time (especially since Baby L just woke from his nap and has been calling for me for the past five minutes). But...I'm considering it. :-)

For now...I bid you good day and I'm headed to church. Can't wait. :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Own Life-Hacker List

I'm Tired